Thu, 26 Oct|
Workshop: Personal Branding
How to get recognized and get a promotion. This is part of the career development series of workshops.
Time & Location
26 Oct 2023, 17:30 – 20:30 CEST
Berlin, Koppenstraße 8, 10243 Berlin, Germany
About The Event
Personal branding: How to get recognized and get a promotion
Embark on a personal branding journey with our upcoming workshop, "Personal Branding: How to Get Recognized Internally and Externally," part of the Career Development Series of Workshops. This session aims to equip you with the knowledge and tools necessary to enhance your visibility both within your organization and externally in the community.
17 30 Doors Open
18 00 AI Guild Welcome
18 10 SumUp Intro
18 20 Personal Branding: The why and how
- What is your personal brand? And why it matters?
- Internal: How to get recognition as the go-to expert
- External: How to build personal branding on Linkedin
18 50 Break
19 00 Panel Discussion: hear from expert, HR and hiring manager
19 20 Your Turn: group work and test your elevator pitch
20 00 Networking
20 30 Doors Close
- Motivation for Personal Branding: Understand the pivotal role personal branding plays in career advancement and successful negotiations. Engage in a hands-on analysis of your current personal brand, identifying strengths and areas for improvement.
- Actionable Strategies: Learn practical steps to position yourself as a specialist in your field, making you your organization's and stakeholders' go-to person.
- External Recognition: Explore avenues for gaining recognition in the broader community through platforms like LinkedIn and public speaking events.
- Group Exercise: A group exercise to practice a 30-second introduction of yourself, simulating a business conference scenario, followed by sharing and feedback sessions to refine your introduction strategy.
About the speaker
With over 13 years of professional experience across Asia and Europe, Min Wang has honed a keen expertise in business strategy, product conceptualization, and change management, particularly within corporate and start-up environments. An INSEAD MBA graduate and a published writer on product management topics, Min has a proven track record in aiding individuals and organizations in navigating the path towards recognition and promotion. Having previously collaborated with the AI Guild on a salary negotiation workshop on International Women's Day, Min now returns as the speaker for the Personal Branding Workshop, ready to empower attendees with actionable strategies to elevate their personal and professional branding in the competitive market landscape.
About the Panelists
- Dânia Meira, Independent Data Consultant
- Asli Gözlükaya, Executive Recruiter @ SumUp
- Irati Rodriguez Saez de Urabain, Lead Data Scientist @ SumUp